Minimum I.T. requirements for studying with IGI
To support you in getting the most out of your learning experience with us, you must prepare well before starting your first class. All students must own or have frequent access to a fast, reliable computer that is not more than two years old.
You need to be able to access online material that is essential for your study at IGI. To do this, you must have regular access to a reliable high-speed internet connection. The units you will study may require watching educational videos, accessing research and reading materials, completing online assessments, participating in discussion forums with fellow students, engaging in chat groups, and meeting other students in a virtual class. Access to our system is via the activation of multifactor authentication to ensure a secure connection to our network and access to our services and learning resources. This additional layer of security will require the use of your student username and password credentials.
Before commencing your first class, you must have
• Access to a computer running Windows 10 or later, Mac OS 10.14 or later. To help you gauge the type of computer requirements needed, we recommend that your computer (whether laptop or desktop) has the following minimum recommended system specifications:
RAM: 16G Storage
256GB Processor Speed
Intel Core™ i5 or AMD Ryzen™ 5
• Access to an up-to-date internet browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Edge)
• A webcam (built-in or USB webcam)
• Audio input and output for video conferencing. A headset or earbuds (including a microphone) are recommended.
• Installation of IGI Office 365 is provided free to IGI students. Office 365 includes programs to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, store your study materials in the cloud, and communicate with staff and students
• A reliable, high-speed broadband internet connection lets you upload and download documents.
It is recommended that your operating system and software be English versions.
To study with ihGI and to access available teaching and learning resources, you will be trained in and expected to:
• Know how to install, use, and keep your computer’s internet browser and other software up-to-date (e.g., installing security updates)
• Know how to connect your laptop and mobile device to wireless networks either at IGI campuses, at your local library, or other locations
• Can use a web camera and headset/microphone
• Know how to use cloud storage (e.g., through Office 365 OneDrive)
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and other related software packages
WiFi on campus
Wireless internet access is provided at all campuses and is available to students and staff.